Sunday, May 25, 2014

Our Phoenix Love

I know now that I've truly lost you
As the words
Come scrambling
Back into my fingertips
Where they hibernated
Where I thought them lost
When I was drowning in the joy of you

I suppose I didn't miss them
As much as I should have
I knew in the deepest part of me
That they would always stay
No matter how dark and deep my pain
That they would be the only that stay
They are my soul

I willingly set them aside
For a few years in the sunlight
With you
In the light you were all I needed
But now that you've caught
Glimpses
Of where the words reside
You're ready to gather up
Your light
And move on

So now I'm reunited with the children of my soul
As they come tumbling out and
Cover me in the protective darkness
Of ink saturated paper
Of shadows
As the moments turn into memories
I will embalm them with my words
And with every word and tear
It'll be easier to leave behind
The words we said to each other
Created for each other
The promises we promised til the end of time

We came together with the glory of  phoenix
And predictably burned out as fast
Sadly there will be no rebirth,
But out of the ashes I leave these words
A cold, maddening comfort
And the only one that gives me the strength
to let go of you. 

0 comments: