You took my heart and you took my soul
And then you called me your fair weather lover
You left me chained and broken
And then you called me a whore
Well what did you know
You thought I didn’t know what love was
Well what did you know
I gave you my all
Oh is that really a fair weather lover?
You looked at what I offered
And gave me rejection
The one thing you knew
Would hurt me the most
Well what did you know
You thought I didn’t know what love was
Well what did you know
I gave you my all
Oh is that really a fair weather lover?
I was the whore you refused to kiss
But fuck, well that was okay
Is that what I deserved,
My fair weather lover?
You looked down on me
Because men found me interesting
And you tore out my soul
Because you're insecure
Well what did you know
You thought I didn’t know what love was
Well what did you know
I gave you my all
Oh isn’t that really true, my fair weather lover?
I believed your abuse
And got lost in the pain
Though I tried to hold your hand
When you were insane
Oh isn’t that me being a fair weather lover?
Oh isn’t that me being a fair weather lover?
I’m not saying I was perfect
Just stupid and young
But as a fool I look back now
And I see me stand
Holding on to nothing,
But leftovers in the sand.
Oh isn’t that true, my fair weather lover?
Isn’t that true?
Friday, March 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment